Best Price Guarantee
manuel lópez Farfán,6 Castilleja de la Cuesta 41910. Sevilla, España.
Wonderful location in one of the most exclusive and popular places, the hotel is surprisingly elegant and has a unique decoration.
Costurero de la Reina
Es un pequeño edificio con forma de castillo, coronado por torrecillas en las esquinas, asemejando un pequeño palacete; obra del arquitecto Juan Talavera y de la Vega, fue mandado a construir en el año 1893 por el Duque de Montpensier. Es el primer edificio neomudéjar de la ciudad, utilizado como merendero, mirador sobre el parque y el río, donde se cuenta que la reina María de las Mercedes pasaba largas temporadas cosiendo con sus damas y tomando el sol tras los numerosos balcones y cristales. Era ese lugar escogido para recuperarse de una enfermedad en la que el médico le aconsejo el sol de Sevilla para su recuperación.
Dirección: 41012, Paseo de las Delicias, 11, 41012, Sevilla
Horario de visitas: Todos los días de 10 a 18 h.
Actually the tower is the former minaret of the almohade mosque of Seville. the twelfth century. With a height of 97,5 m it was transformed subsecuently into a renaissance bell tower.
It represent a prodigy of harmony, it bind admirably the arquitecture of two different cultures aparts for fourth centuries,Renaissance and almohad...
The cathedral and the Giralda
Seville Cathedral is a spectacular building of Gothic construction, it is the third largest church in Christendom.
Its dimensions are 40 meters high, 116 m long and 76 m wide- unfold where in the twelfth century was located the Great Mosque. Some parts of the ancient Islamic building preserved as the minaret, known worldwide as the Giralda and the Patio de los Naranjos.
The different stages in the construction seen in developed areas of Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque and neoclassical style. In the Cathedral the remains of Christopher Columbus are preserved.
La Torre del Oro
It was a defensive military tower separed from the rest of the wall, wich was part of the defeses of the alcazar of Seville. Formely in the Middle age was also used as a prison. This tower was built by the last Almohad governor of Seville. " ibn Unla" in 1221 with the purpose to close the passage of Arenall joining the tower through a chain of walls with " La Torre de plata"( the silver tower)
Its name comes from the gold reflections which were created by the sun's rays, since it was made out of lime morter and straw, In additions legend says &nb...
Costurero de la Reina (sewing Queen)
it was small building with shaped-castle, crowned with small towers at the corners,resembling a small palace; designed by architect juan Talavera and Vega, he was ordered to be built in 1893 by the Duke of Montpensier. it is the firs neomudéjar city building,used as a picnic area, gazebo on the park an the river , where it is said that Queen María de las Mercedes spent long periods sewing with her ladies and sunbathing after numerous balconies and windows. It was the place chosen to recover from an illness in which the doctor will advise the Seville sun for recovery.
El castillo de San jorge ( San Jorge Castle)
The defensive importance of the castle was decreasing over the centuries and in 1481 became the seat of the spanish inquisition, which was left in 1626 after that it was transfered to the Duke of Olivares. In 1639 will come back being ot the inquisition until his final departure en 1785. In the nineteenth century the castle was demolished to create an extensión from the plaza de Altozano to Calle Castilla.
Casa de Pilatos
The Casa de Pilatos is a combination of Italian Renaissance and Spanish Mudejar styles. It is considered prototype of the Andalusian palace.
its Construction began in 1483, by Pedro Enriquez de Quiñones (IV Adelantado Mayor de Andalucía) and his second wife Catalina de Ribera, founders of the Casa de Alcalá.
The work was built on several plots that had been confiscated by the Inquisition. The death in 1493 of Pedro Enriquez led to Dona Catalina was responsible for undertaking the initial configuration of the palace. His son Fadrique Enriquez de Ribera and his grandson Pedro Afán de Ribera expanded and completed the decoration of the house. Fadrique Enriquez after traveling to Je...
Ayuntamiento de Sevilla (town hall)
it is considered one of the masterpieces of Plateresque style. its construction began in the fifteenth century by Diego de Riaño .the building was built in nearby lands with the former san francisco convent . it has two floor with hictorical, realdic an mythological representations about Seville, ( hércules an César). Actually is the town hall of Seville.
Adress: Calle Temprado, 3, 41001 Sevilla
Los Reales Alcáceres de Sevilla
Palacio de San Telmo
Palacio de San Telmo, current headquarters of the Presidency of the Government of Andalusia, was built in 1682 to house the College of Nautical Studies. A century later it became the College of Marina until it was closed in 1844 and transformed into residence of the Infanta Maria Luisa, Duchess of Montpensier.
The Duchess gave it to die to the Archdiocese of Seville to build a seminary. He also was donated to the city with its gardens for the celebration of the Latin American Exhibition of 1929. It is considered one of the most beautiful buildings of Seville Baroque, highlighting its cover eighteenth century.
Real Maestranza de Sevilla
it is one of the great monuments to the bullfighting art which we can find just across from the gualdalquivir river and it is really close to the center of Seville. the bull ring of the Maestranza of Seville is located at the famous borough of Arenal .( it is one of the places more emblematic of the city.) the bullfighting is one of the custom of the seville life . sevillian people love this art. Great tasks are wainting for you and the magic of seville too.
El Archivo de Indías ( Gerneral Archive of the indies
El archivo General de indias, is located in the old Casa de Mercaderes, which is located on Avenida la Constitución being flanked by the cathedral,the alcazar and the Museum of Conteporary Art.
this monument keeps relevants documents to the new world since the moment of the discovery until the last century, such as autographs of the main protagonist of the colonial epic, , the application of a post in the indies of Miguel de Cervantes, the original dermacation Bula Alexander VI, the journal of Columbus, plans of the main Americfan cities.. etc.
Visiting hours: Monday to Saturday from 9 to 16 h. Sunday 10-14 h.
Av. De la Constitución, 3 41004 Sevilla
Hours Archivo General de Indias in Seville: Monday to Saturday from 9-16 pm. and Sunday from 10 to 14 hours.
Price: Free admission.
Address: Building of the Market. Av. De la Constitución, 3. Building of the Cilla. C / Santo Tomas, 5, 41071 Sevilla.
Phone: +34 954500528
Directions to the Archivo General de Indias in Seville: Bus 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 30, 31, 33, 34, 40, 41 and 42 have their stop at the entrance of the Archivo de Indias.
Website of the General Archive of the Indies in Seville: http: //www.mcu.es/archivos/MC/AGI/index.html
Palacio Arzobispal ( arzobispal palace)
Seville Archbishop's Palace, is the bishops and archbishops residence of episcopal headquaters well as military and nobles, in the present epoch is where the cardinal of seville reside
it is Located next to the Giralda in the central Plaza de la Virgen de los Reyes which square is where all paces of botherhood pass by the cathedral during sant week of seville as official care and the same time it is also one of acces point to the famaus neighborhood of Santa Cruz.
Plaza Virgen de los Reyes. Visiting hours: appointmen...